Entrea Capital Advised the Founders of FootballScout.com during a €1.5mln Capital Raising
- Masterminded by two entrepreneurs with football background, FootballScout.com is a professional web-based network tool for football players, coaches, agents and teams which aims to eliminate the inefficiencies in today’s scouting process
- FootballScout.com enables football professionals, especially agents to streamline their workflow and increase their success rate. The tool is also a platform for young players to promote themselves as well as for parents whose kids want to develop a career in football
- The founder’s goal is to turn FootballScout.com into the world’s premier football communication standard targeting a registered user base of at least 10 million subscribers
Situation Overview & Solution
- FootballScout.com is a start-up supported by Eleven Accelerator Fund as a seed investor with €200,000 through two financing rounds in 2011 and 2012. Additional venture capital of €600,000 has been raised in 2013.
- The platform and the mobile application was technically complete with several fee paying clients and the owners were looking into their next financing round in order to raise fresh venture capital of €1,500,000 to support FootballScout.com’s commercialization phase. The capital is to be used to strengthen the development team and market the platform to prospective key users such as professional football clubs, players, managers and agents mostly in USA
- The founders hired Entrea Capital to advise it on an exclusive basis in the capital raising process. Entrea has attracted Neveq, one of the most successful Bulgarian VC funds, to invest in the company through its second fund.
Entrea Capital’s Role and Value Added
Entrea Capital provided the following value-added services to FootballScout.com:
- Built a detailed financial model with 5-year projections based on top-down and bottom-up assumptions
- Prepared a comprehensive investment presentation providing overview of FootballScout.com’s key functionalities, value propositions and goals
- Approached and marketed the product to potential investors utilizing our extensive network of contacts within the investment industry
- Provided expert advice during the negotiations process